Do you want content like this delivered to your inbox?
Share
Share

ASK A NESTER – Color Usage

Traci Carney

“I Love That Real Estate Is An Evolving Business” Traci definitely loves a challenge, so tackling any complex situation with finesse is her forté...

“I Love That Real Estate Is An Evolving Business” Traci definitely loves a challenge, so tackling any complex situation with finesse is her forté...

Jun 21 2 minutes read

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

The Agents and Brokers of Nest Realty possess decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge! Here’s what they have to say about the use of color in homes:

26%
The percentage of Nesters who have knocked on a stranger’s door to ask about the exterior paint color for a client. (While 20% plead the fifth!)Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

RENOVATE!
When met with a vintage 1950s pink tile bathroom, 75% of Nesters say, “RENOVATE!”

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

ULTRA VIOLET
Not every Nester is in love with the 2018 Pantone Color of the Year of the year—69% don’t care for it, while the other 31% love it! What do you think?

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

POPS OF COLOR
The color trend 53% of our Nesters are seeing on home exteriors is pops of color in places like the shutters or the front door. We still love this bright pink front door we featured in the Summer 2016 issue of NEST Magazine.

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

BRIGHT VS. NEUTRAL 

Although you may love your bright hues, potential buyers probably don’t. 92% of Nesters agree—neutral colors attract more buyers when selling your home.

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

INTERIOR VS. EXTERIOR
70% of Nesters say the interior color of the home is more important to buyers than the exterior color.

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

PAINT VS. WALLPAPER
77% of Nesters say to stick with paint for the convenience of changing the color…buuuut we do love a good modern print! Check out some of our faves here!

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

COBALT BLUE
60% of Nesters say cobalt blue is a safe way to add a pop of color. See pg. 26 of the latest NEST Magazine for our ideas!

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

76%
Believe painted brick is a great way to give a house a facelift. You can paint the exterior, interior, or even fireplace brick.

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

RULE OF THREE
Nesters’ personal rule of thumb—56% say stick to three colors, max, when decorating a room.

Ask A Nester - Color Usage NEST Magazine Nest Realty

We shared this story with you in our Spring/Summer 2018 Issue of NEST Magazine. To view the full issue, click here.

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience and deliver our services. By continuing to visit this site, you agree to our use of cookies. More info